Ward County Archives
Ride on in for a visit!
Brenda Kizziar, Director
Jana Wallace, Staff
Located in the Ward County Convention Center
400 E. 4th St.
Monahans, Texas 79756
"Storehouse of Ward County History"
A few types of historical records available:
- The Monahans News 1938-2008 (microfilm) with a complete & up-to-date obituary card file
- Ward County History book, published 1977
- Ward County cemeteries
- City directories
- Early Ward County Historical pictures
- Monahans City Directory
- Telephone books
- The Ward County Heritage (Ward Co. Genealogical Society periodical with index)
- Pinkerton Studio & other Monahans photographers’ proofs
- History of the towns of Monahans, Wickett, Grandfalls, Pyote & Barstow
- Monahans High School Annuals * History of the Monahans Sandhills State Park
- Historical records of the organizing of the Million Barrel Museum
- Business records of J. Conrad Dunagan & his books/articles written about:
- Eugene Holman, President of Standard Oil of New Jersey & Holman family history
- History of the Holman House (Holman Boarding House built 1905)
- Monahans Hotel that burned down owned by the Holmans & replaced with boarding house
- Research books on people living in various Texas and U.S. couties
- A sampling of the limited
- Birth, Marriage & Death certificate copies * Federal Census (Texas & other states’ up to 1930)
- Recorded interviews of early Ward County citizens
- Monahans Jr. High, Elementary & Kindergarten annuals
- Grandfalls/Royalty H. School annuals
- Ward County Veterans of World War II & civilian employees
- Pyote AFB "Rattlesnake Bomber Base"