Victim Services Coordinator
The Victim Services position is dedicated to positively impact the quality of life and support the citizens of Karnes County by assisting victims, survivors, families that are and have experienced family & domestic violence. This position is also dedicated to offer support and locate the appropriate resources to Karnes County citizens in assistance for additional services that are needed such as counseling, shelter, and drug abuse.
Mission is to assist in developing and strengthening effective prosecution and court strategies to overcome family violence, dating violence, assault, harassment and stalking crimes against women and men, and to develop and strengthen victim services in all such cases.
Karnes County does not discriminate in the right to participate in programs and activities on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual or affectional orientation, gender identity, appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.
- Incident Response : provides support as close to the time of the event as possible. This may include assisting in contacting resources that will provide crisis counseling and stabilization, justice support, personal advocacy, emergency placement in shelters or protective orders.
- Support & Follow-Up : Working with all Karnes County Law Enforcement Agencies to provide support and follow-up to victims and witnesses to family violence, assault, dating violence, stalking, and harassment.
- Victim Services Coordinator activities include : assisting victims with justice support and advocacy, information and referrals (in person or by phone), assisting with Crime Victims' Compensation, Address Confidentiality Program, Protective Order applications, court appointments, and personal advocacy.
- How do you contact Karnes County Victim Services?
The Victim Services Coordinator is available to assist victims, their families, and their community. It is your right as a victim to request and receive these services. If emergency assistance is needed, please call 9-1-1.
Victim Services Coordinator - Ariel Salas
210 W. Calvert
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Guadalupe Valley Violence Shelter (24hrs) (800) 834-2033
- Women's Shelter of South Texas (24hrs) (361) 881-8888
- Family Violence Prevention Service (24hrs) (979) 826-0000
- Atascosa Family Crisis Center (830) 281-2001
- NATIONAL SUICIDE HOTLINE (24HRS) (800) 273-8255
- NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE (24HRS) (800) 799-7233
- NATIONAL SEXUAL ASSAULT (24HRS) (800) 656-4673
- RUNAWAY HOTLINE (800) 786-2929 OR TEXT 66008
- TEEN DATING ABUSE HOTLINE (866) 331-9474 OR TEXT
Attorney General of Texas - Crime Victim Services
Texas Council on Family Violence